I love a new year. What better time is there to regroup, learn and make changes that are needed? I’ve never been huge on resolutions but I am a believer in growth and listening to God. Here are some of the questions I use to evaluate my life every year between Christmas and the New Year. By the way, this can be done anytime you feel the need.
- Are there any patterns that have been recurring?
- What seems to be the main theme of what God has been teaching me?
- What lessons have I learned?
- Am I starting the year clean? Anything God wants me to confess?
- What is on God’s heart for me? What burden has he given me?
- How am I going to live out his purpose for me?
These are some of the questions I journal. Can you add any others to this list?