For the past several weeks I have continued to receive requests on FB to complete the 25 Random Things About Me. I don’t know if I can even think of 25 things. This week I have been getting email asking why I have not done this. Okay, I give in. Here goes…
1. My immediate reaction to requests like this is to hit the delete button. How many are really interested in reading this and who has time?
2. I was not raised in a Christian home (did not go to church and lived in an ungodly environment) but felt God begin to speak to my heart when I was 5. That is when the Lord begin to call me to full time ministry.
3. I am a very ordinary person with an extraordinary God.
4. Throughout my life God has amazed me with the doors he has opened up for me. He has put amazing people in my life to mentor me. Most I am still close friends with.
5. I have lived my life in Alabama, San Diego, Colorado for 6 months and now NYC for almost 3 years.
6. I spent 9 years working with The Navigators at UCSD and could not believe I was getting paid to share Christ and disciple students in La Jolla, CA.
7. I love the beach though ankle deep while walking is all I do.
8. When I was 21 I wrote out 30 year goals in every area of my life. I have been blessed to see everything happen except one…by now I should have had 3 books published. I have written a day planner that was published called Living On Purpose and Todd and I have a discipleship tool called Life To Life that was published in 2008. I have been working on a book for two years.
9. When I worked with John and his staff team every day we laughed so much we cried. Through working with them I became more fun, more balanced and more relaxed.
10, The first couple times my husband asked me out on a date I said heck no.
11. I met the love of my life through Dan Reiland who suggested that Todd help out in the college ministry with me at Skyline. Thanks Dan.
12. Before my husband I was proposed to 3 times by guys that were just friends but believed God wanted us to marry. Until meeting my first love (Todd) I thought I had the gift of celibacy.
13. I have been in 26 weddings. One I fainted in from not eating and one I was 8 months pregnant and looked like a huge bottle of pepto -bismol.
14. My husband is an excellent cook and taught me how after we married. Since moving to NYC I have become a better cook than he is.
15. With my first child I was in labor for over 26 hours and during it told Todd “this baby had better be a boy because I am not doing this again!” As soon as I held Matthew in my arms I could not wait to have #2.
16. I love classical music, opera and ballet.
17. When I was at UAB I wanted to join a chess club with physicians. They told me women could not play chess and would not let me join. They did seek me out to play before and after appointments and surgery and I won 80% of the games.
18. I have an insatiable appetite for personal growth and development. A result is that I read every day.
19. I went years without owning a television and could not care less if we owned one or not.
20 My top strenths in the Strength Finder are Achiever, Command, Communication, Developer, Maximizer and Strategic.
21. At one time I sold Mary Kay to help us get out of debt and while my husband was raising support to go on staff with The Navigators. Won two cars. Thrilled not to be in MK today but excited we are still debt free.
22. After I got married and had sex I realized what all the fuss was about.
23. Out of all the little boys in the world, I have the best two.
24. My passion is mentoring and leadership development.
25. Being a wife and mother is the most challenging thing I have ever done and the most rewarding.
26. I will never understand why Christians and Churches forget their purpose…reaching the lost and making disciples.
27. One of my dreams is to take my children to Disney World.