Esther was an ordinary person who faced an extraordinary leadership challenge. How would I have responded in this crisis? Would my action have been at the right time? I expect that I might have immediately gone to the king and probably got my head cut off.
Top Five Lessons From Esther:
1. Remember that God is always at work behind the scenes whether I see it or not.
2. Refuse to compromise on truth. You can’t put a price tag on integrity.
3. Right timing is everything. It is important to have the right action at the right time.
4. Learn from mentors. God works thru godly counsel.
5. Leadership requires the courage to put yourself on the line for the glory of God.
Esther had tremendous courage to risk her life and stand before the king. Fear could have stopped her. Good opportunities never come without fear or risk of failure. But good leaders move forward despite a moment of hesitation.