When I reflect over my life there are so many things that I never thought…
- Never thought I would live in the South again after 11 years in San Diego
- Never thought I would marry believing that I had the gift of celibacy
- Never thought I would be a mother
- Never thought my house would be a gathering place for little boys in the neighborhood
- Never thought I would not be on staff at a local church
- Never thought I would ever live in NYC
- Never thought I would plant a garden
- Never thought I would become such a great cook
- Never thought I would not care for chocolate as much
- Never thought there would be phases in my life when I am not teaching a weekly Bible Study
- Never thought that I would read less than 2 books a week
- Never thought that I would not be finished with seminary by now
I have learned that a disciple of Jesus never says never. Scripture teaches that you can make plans but God will direct your steps. His way is good, acceptable and perfect. Therefore we don’t have to fear the future but can have peace and confidence in his direction.
Years ago in San Diego I closed a collegian Bible study by giving out commitment cards that said Lord, I am willing to Go anywhere, Do anything, Anytime for you. Today I resigned the card.
Has there been a time recently in your life where God is asking you to trust him with your future? How are you responding?