At Catalyst Jim Collins spoke about having a stop doing list. I like that. For many years I have worked with a day planner to help me be a good steward of all that God has given me. I love using my Living On Purpose planner and continue to get feedback about how it is helping others to live a more focused and prioritized life. When we reprint the next time maybe we should add a new section and call it “To Stop.” There are several things I could add.
1. Stop listening to negative people.
2. Stop working on Saturday when the boys are home. (We go 6 days a week. Saturdy is for family.)
3. Stop planning so far ahead.(Planning is great but I can be more selective if I don’t plan out more than 12-18 months out.)
4. Stop picking up after everyone constantly. (Put everything in one box & let them dig out.)
5. Stop working when I am sick and need to rest. (I have done well with this one the past week.)
These are just a few things that came to mind fast. What would you put on your “To Stop” list?