It’s official. Matthew is 13. Can’t believe I’m a mother to a teenager. Feel free to share any advice you have for me on “comments.” What I want to do today is share 13 things I like about my son. Forgive the gush. Hey, it’s who I am.
1. I like that not a day goes by without Matthew telling me: “I love you mama.” 🙂
2. I like that my son is sensitive. Praying that God will use this trait for his glory one day.
3. I like that my son is passionate. I love passion in people. Life is too short not to have it. Whatever field one is in passion will help you succeed. If two people are running for an election, the one with the most passion is probably going to win. Remember Bob Dole?
4. I like that my son says “Thank You.”
5. I like that Matthew will give me a hug often.
6. I like that he still wants to spend time with his family.
7. I like that Matthew enjoys reading. A leader is always a reader.
8. I like that he has a soft spot for animals.
9. I like that Matthew enjoys sports a lot.
10. I like that Matthew is flexible.
11. I like that Matthew appreciates simple things.
12. I like that Matthew thinks I am an awesome cook eventhough I’m really not.
13. I like that of all the little boys in the world, if I could only pick two out for my very own, Matthew would be one of the two I would choose.
Matthew, “I love you forever, I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living, your mommy I’ll be.” (taken from the book “I’ll Love You Forever.”