For two weeks I am traveling cross country with my two boys, age 10 & 12. Without Todd. Travel with children is the only way to go. Kids put a whole new perspective on everything and remind us of the little things we need to be grateful for that we somehow seem to forget as we age. Here are a few comments made during the 1000+ we have put on our car so far:
- Wow! Look how green that grass is. I sure miss seeing that much grass! (We live in NYC 🙂
- Look at that bridge, I love being up so high!
- Can we eat at Cracker Barrel? There are so many, they must be good.
- Look at that sunset? Awesome!
- How cool for the hotel to buy our breakfast!
- Look at those cows. Love to see those. Have not seen cows in a long time.
- Look at all the churches. Why are there so many churches in some parts of America and so few on Staten Island?
- I love the sun. It feels so good on my skin coming through the window.
- The coffee smells so good in your cup. Can I have some of it?
- Mom, can we stop and use the bathroom? I’ve been holding it for two hours and I have to go right now. (in the middle of no where)
Appreciate your prayers during our trip!