Have you ever been angrily criticised by another? I have and if you are involved in ministry you probably have also. During the past week I have had a couple of friends share their recent experience with me. Today I want to share a few words of wisdom from John Maxwell on responding to criticism.
1. Very few attacks are worth fighting over.
2. If you start answering every critic, all you will get is more critics.
3. If you explain yourself, all you will do is explain yourself.
4. The more successful you are the more criticism you will attract.
5. Nothing frustrates the critic more than not getting an answer from you.
I’ll close with one of my personal favorites “If you wallow in the mud with a pig, both of you will get dirty.”